Victor Valley's Latest Real Estate News & Information
1 2 3 5

Police searching for Santa Ana robbery suspect

SANTA ANA — Authorities are searching for a gunman who robbed a convenience store Tuesday, Oct. 17.

The incident occurred around 9:50 p.m. at the Santiago Food Mart-76 gas station, 617 East 17th St., police said.

The robber entered the store and approached  two cashiers, according to police.

He then pulled out a silver and gray semi-automatic handgun that he pointed at a female cashier and ordered her to put money from the registers into a pink tote bag, police said.

The robber fled on foot in an unknown direction, according to police.

The robber is described as being white,

To see the full content, share this page by clicking one of the buttons below
Original Article: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/18/police-searching-for-santa-ana-robbery-suspect/
Date: 1508391384

Original Source

Coroner: San Gabriel woman found dead in Artesia had been strangled

ARTESIA — A woman found dead at a hotel in Artesia was strangled, the coroner’s office said Saturday.

The woman was identified as Yizhu Mu, 36, of San Gabriel, according to the coroner’s office.

Mu’s death was reported about 10:40 a.m. Sept. 28 in the 16900 block of Pioneer Boulevard, near the Artesia (91) Freeway, according to Deputy Juanita Navarro-Suarez of the Sheriff’s Information Bureau.

Deputies responding to a report of a female not breathing were directed to the woman, who was found lying unconscious in the middle of a room at the hotel, identified in news reports as the Artesia Inn

To see the full content, share this page by clicking one of the buttons below
Original Article: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/07/coroner-san-gabriel-woman-found-dead-in-artesia-had-been-strangled/
Date: 1507434299

Original Source

Bus passengers evacuated in Lake Forest after bomb threat

LAKE FOREST — Passengers aboard an Orange County Transit Authority bus were evacuated Friday night, October 6, due to a bomb threat, authorities said.

Around 6:25 p.m., a man who claimed to be on the bus phoned OCTA dispatchers and said there was a bomb attached to a bicycle on the front of the bus, said Orange County Sheriff’s Department Lt. John Roche.

As a precaution, the passengers were evacuated near El Toro Road and Raymond Way.

A Sheriff’s Department bomb-sniffing dog did not find any explosives on the bicycle. The man who made the threat had not been identified or arrested Friday

To see the full content, share this page by clicking one of the buttons below
Original Article: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/06/bus-passengers-evacuated-in-lake-forest-after-bomb-threat/
Date: 1507347169

Original Source

Iraq war veteran borrows a utility van to ferry dozens of victims to the hospital

By some stroke of serendipity, the unoccupied utility van was left with keys in the ignition — so it became a makeshift ambulance.

After climbing over fences to escape gunfire at the Las Vegas concert Sunday night, Taylor Winston, of San Diego, spotted the white truck and looked inside. “It was a utility vehicle, and I knew that sometimes keys are left behind for the next driver,” said Winston, 29, who was stationed at Camp Pendleton while serving with the Marines.

Dozens of badly injured people, carted away from the concert area by companions, lay nearby with wounds. Winston and a friend

To see the full content, share this page by clicking one of the buttons below
Original Article: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/02/iraq-war-veteran-borrows-a-utility-van-to-ferry-dozens-of-victims-to-the-hospital/
Date: 1506999091

Original Source

Oceanside man arrested after Laguna Beach police find $500,000 in jewelry, loaded guns

LAGUNA BEACH   — A 30-year-old man suspected in a burglary in July at the Shops at the Cliffs was arrested Tuesday, Sept. 26, after Laguna Beach detectives found him at an Oceanside home, along with jewelry valued at $500,000.

At 7:40 p.m., Laguna Beach detectives, who had pursued the case since the July 26 early morning burglary in which two men dressed in fancy clothes were seen on surveillance video leaving the Cliff Shops, located Edward Torrison, 30, of Oceanside at his girlfriend’s home at 4 p.m. Tuesday, said Sgt. Jim Cota.

Detectives kept surveillance on him while writing

To see the full content, share this page by clicking one of the buttons below
Original Article: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/27/oceanside-man-arrested-after-laguna-beach-police-find-500000-in-jewelry-loaded-guns/
Date: 1506564267

Original Source

New video surfaces showing violent encounter moments before fatal Huntington Beach police shooting

HUNTINGTON BEACH – A new video surfaced Saturday, Sept. 23, of the Huntington Beach police officer shooting and killing a suspect outside of a 7-Eleven , with this one showing the man aggressively approaching the officer.

Previous versions did not show as much of the encounter before the shooting.

This two-minute video, apparently shot from inside a vehicle parked outside of the 7-Eleven, opens with a man with long hair and wearing a dark coat advancing toward the officer, who has a weapon drawn, possibly a Tazer. The 9:30 a.m. encounter occurred across the street from Marina High

To see the full content, share this page by clicking one of the buttons below
Original Article: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/23/new-video-surfaces-showing-violent-encounter-moments-before-fatal-huntington-beach-police-shooting/
Date: 1506216131

Original Source

U.S. Marine charged on suspicion of felony murder in shooting death of estranged wife

SANTA ANA – A 26-year-old U.S. Marine was charged Monday, Sept. 18, with one felony count of murder in the shooting death of his estranged wife in Laguna Hills last week.

Jerel Mark Boykins, 26, of North Carolina faces a maximum of 50 years to life in state prison if convicted.

Boykins was arrested on suspicion of shooting Yahaira Boykins, 23, multiple times with his personal firearm on Thursday at her apartment in the 25000 block of Via Lomas.

 

Original Article: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/18/u-s-marine-charged-on-suspicion-of-felony-murder-in-shooting-death-of-estranged-wife/
Date: 1505780988

Original Source

2 Louisiana slayings likely racially motivated, police say

By MICHAEL KUNZELMAN

BATON ROUGE, La.  — The slayings of two black men in Baton Rouge last week were likely racially motivated, police said Sunday, and a suspect — a 23-year-old white man — was in custody. In both shootings the gunman fired from his car then walked up to the victims as they were lying on the ground and fired again multiple times.

The suspect, Kenneth Gleason, was being held on drug charges and was given a $3,500 bond on

Kenneth Gleason is shown in an undated booking photo provided by the

<div class=
To see the full content, share this page by clicking one of the buttons below
Original Article: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/17/2-louisiana-slayings-likely-racially-motivated-police-say/
Date: 1505694012

Original Source

Charleston Mayor: 1 shot, hostages being held in restaurant

CHARLESTON, S.C. — The Latest on shooting and hostage situation in Charleston, S.C. (all times local):

2 p.m.

Authorities say a disgruntled employee shot one person and is holding hostages in a restaurant in an area of Charleston, South Carolina, that is popular with tourists.

Mayor John Tecklenburg said at a news conference that the shooting Thursday at Virginia’s in downtown Charleston was not an act of terrorism or racism.

Tecklenburg did not have the condition of the person shot, and said he didn’t know how many hostages remained inside the restaurant.

Witnesses said a man emerged from the kitchen of the restaurant, told

To see the full content, share this page by clicking one of the buttons below
Original Article: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/24/charleston-mayor-1-shot-hostages-being-held-in-restaurant/
Date: 1503605755

Original Source

Judge’s decision that Scott Dekraai can’t get the death penalty draws strong responses

Judge Thomas Goethals’ ruling Friday, Aug. 18, that mass murderer Scott Dekraai cannot face the death penalty surprised and angered some who expected he would be sentenced to die. Others, however, were relieved that Dekraai soon should be sentenced nearly six years after he killed eight people in and around a Seal Beach salon in 2011.

He later pleaded guilty to their murders .

Dekraai has been awaiting his sentencing during hearings that examined the Orange County justice system.

Rebecca Kohler of Long Beach said she generally opposes the death penalty, butin the case of Scott Dekraai. (Photo by Susan Christian Goulding/SCNG)
Rebecca

To see the full content, share this page by clicking one of the buttons below
Original Article: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/18/judges-decision-that-scott-dekraai-cant-be-executed-draws-angry-responses/
Date: 1503083708

Original Source

1 2 3 5